Nantucket Bay Scallop, Yuzu, Vanilla Aguachile
Yields: 5 servings
45 each Scallops, sushi grade (whole, raw)
- Clean and portion all scallops.
Yields: 5 portions - 1.5 oz ea.
- 4 oz yuzu juice
- 2.24 oz Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yuzu kosho
- 2 ¼ tsp yuzu zest
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 0.3 ea vanilla pod beans
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store refrigerated an airtight container.
- 1 ea Bosc pear
- Clean and slice pear lengthwise using a mandoline or slicer. Cut a third of the slice to have a flat side when rolling the scallops. Store the slices immersed in a brine of lemon juice and salt.
- Season 9 scallops with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Roll each scallop with a slice of pear, creating a wrap of pear around the scallop, starting from the wide side and rolling tight.
- Place the 9 scallop rolls in the center of the plate all together.
- Cover with 1.5 oz of the aguachile, making sure the zest and the kosho are homogeneously mixed.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
This recipe has been adapted from Cosme for use in the home.